homespun holidays: gifts for knitters

I can't resist a good knitters gift guide, being a knitter myself. There are a million and one options out there; but these are handmade, unique things I'd love to see under my tree.

Any knitter will love seeing Soak Wash in their stocking. Their scents are so yummy, and the new Ravelry collaboration comes in an extra cute bottle.

via soak : via ravelry

Accessories are a must for any knitter, but so many of them are plastic, cheaply made and just plain boring.

 I absolutely love the pretty things made by Karat Stix. If you search through her sold items, you can see some of the really beautiful custom pieces she's done.


Tie some stitch markers onto the top of a package.
These little snowmen make me smile.


Pattern tamers are an item that I think aren't at the top of a knitters "to buy" list; so giving them as a gift is perfect.


To contain all of these goodies, this stylish knitting clutch is like two gifts in one. It holds all of your knitting notions, but doubles as a purse for a night on the town.



If you know a knitting mom-to-be, I highly reccomend Vintage Baby Knits by Kristin Rengren. Not only is Kristin one of the nicest people I've ever chatted with, but her book is full of easy to understand, pee your pants cute vintage baby patterns.

via amazon

 The knitter with a sense of humor will appreciate a shirt from Raging Wool. They have the flippin' funniest stuff.


For a truly special gift I highly reccomend some custom dyed yarn from Three Irish Girls, or any of her other luxurious colorways. I promise the recipient will shower you with hugs!

This is her colorway Campbell, but a for a few bucks more Sharon can turn a photo, painting or any other inspiration you have into a beautiful skein of yarn. In my book, this is the gift to give.


There you are; gifts that any knitter will love for the holidays. Tie off pretty packages with yarn pom poms or braids and I promise you'll make the knitter in your life very, very happy!

Tomorrow you'll see my wrapping paper tutorial if it kills me! I've been tweaking it and it's almost perfect!

If you have other knitter gift ideas, or something else you want to see leading up to the holidays please let me know. Your comments seriously make my day!

4 comments:

Emily said...

I love your gift ideas for knitters! I love knitting. :)

P.S. You are tooooo lucky to live in FL!

Jen said...

mmm would love some of those gifts!

Allison said...

I love your gift ideas. I might be passing your post along to a certain boyfriend I know. *ahem* Thanks!

Catherine said...

Thank you so much for suggesting one of my items! I'm so honored.

Catherine
Spotted Sheep Studio