for my friends.

Today was my last knitting club. I was a little sad, but really we had a fantastic time laughing and knitting.

I wanted to make them each a little something and have had these adorable little bags by Little Red Ribbon in mind since Christmas. I personalized each one by using different fabrics and embellisments. All of the fabric, aside from the linen is vintage or recycled. I tucked a little card in each one and hope their knitting knick knacks see the inside soon. 

When I first moved here I never imagined I would meet such a diverse group of women who would impact my life so much.  


Each of them have taught me something different, helped me realize who I am, lovingly gave me advice, stitched my grandmothers dress for my wedding, held me up when I needed it most.


They've become much more than friends, they're my family. When you move as much as we do, you have to make the most of the time you have and I'm grateful our times were constantly filled with doubled over belly laughter.


It hasn't really hit me yet that next week I won't be sitting at the shop, knitting away. I'm really honestly going to miss each and every one of them.



The link above has everything you need to make a little bag for your friends. 

Tomorrow we'll be packing up the last of our things and hopefully lunch and a little photo shoot with the gals. I'll have some pics for your later this week, some amazing inspiration, and my essential road trip craft kit. See you soon. xo.


6 comments:

Gina said...

Very Cute!

Isobel DeBrujah said...

We're going to miss the hell out of you, woman! Seriously, I can't believe that I was lucky enough to get to know you.

Maiden Jane said...

What sweet bags!

Unknown said...

Oh, Rox those are so pretty! I bet they love them. Bittersweet, isn't it? To think of things you'll leave behind to face an adventure that's ahead of you...
'Hope you're having a great day and getting lots of stuff done!

Unknown said...

Roxanne, those are ADORABLE! I especially love the first one! I know how it feels to leave a place where you've met so many wonderful people, but I can only imagine what amazing things are in store for you two in colorado!

Kitty said...

You're just such a sweetheart, aren't you?!