the pretentious sunhat.

Last Spring when I moved to Florida, the place we lived had a small community pool. Every Wednesday you could find me, my girlfriends and their kiddos splashing and laughing.


I remember when my friend Christy texted me the day before our usual pool day with this "I just bought the most prententious sunhat!" You know the kind; wide brimmed, floppy, enough to shade yourself and a small family.



Well when Christy showed up on Wednesday for pool time, she looked killer. She has perfect porcelain skin and a head of red curly hair that doesn't hurt either.


Long into the summer that pretentious sunhat became a symbol of our good times; wide brimmed with laughter, and enough shade for yourself and your best friends.


This season won't be quite the same, but I'm looking forward to another Summer filled with those floppy hats and plenty of laughs. I'm on the hunt for one of my own.

all via we heart it

 I hope your summer if full of prententious sunhats too!

6 comments:

Kitty said...

I guess I'm a guilty little muffin- because I love mine! It does make me feel a little superior when I wear it, and that's why I like it!

Erin said...

I would love a big floppy sunhat!

Bri said...

<3 I must find one of my own now!

Louise Garmon said...

I have a really cute one I bought for a bridal shower last summer from Target (our favorite store!!) I have been looking for a more unique one...

aubrey said...

I bought a big bright blue floppy sunhat when we were in Saratoga, NY. All the ladies wear hats at the racetrack (and after you go you totally understand why). The shops have loads of hats. I have really fair skin and burn instantly, so it works great, even if it is a bit obvious :)

Christy said...

I have to admit I was a little unsure of whether or not I'd have the confidence to wear such a large hat but I'll never go back now! Missing you friend! :*}