happy weekend.

Happy weekend, kittens! Summer days are getting shorter and nights are getting cooler here, I hope you have some fantastic weekend plans ahead. This week was long for me, so I'm looking forward to relaxing and working on a painting for a friend. 

I wanted to share a little weekend love with a teeny gift I made for Josh before he left. e.e. cummings is by far my favorite poet of all time. His poems are deeply loving, sometimes sexy and I love his use of punctuation. 

His most famous poem, I Carry Your Heart With Me, is near and dear to me, especially in relation to Josh and I being apart. So to give my husband a little smile I crafted him a little felt heart to wear in his uniform pocket; so he knows I always carry him with me. You can saw 'awwww' now. 


See, my heart in his heart! I used felt cut outs, a teeny bit of stuffing and blanket stitch around the edges. A sweet and simple little craft, don't you think?

I'll leave you with e.e.'s words. Have a fabulous weekend, I'll see you Sunday for the {flea}!

i carry your heart with me(i carry it in

my heart)i am never without it(anywhere
i go you go,my dear; and whatever is done
by only me is your doing,my darling)
i fear
no fate(for you are my fate,my sweet)i want
no world(for beautiful you are my world,my true)
and it's you are whatever a moon has always meant
and whatever a sun will always sing is you

here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life;which grows
higher than the soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart

i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart)


6 comments:

Ms. Rahl said...

as an English teacher (and lover of e.e. cummings myself) I greatly appreciate this :)
You are so gosh darn creative girl! I am sure Josh knows just how loved he is! <3

Rubens Beef said...

That is adorable, I love it!!

Erin Wallace said...

ee cummings has always been a favorite of mine and this my favorite poem of his. What an amazing poem to devote to him.

xo Erin

Amy said...

I lurrrrve that poem, and what a sweet gesture to make for your hubby! Hope you're having a great weekend!

knit one, knit two said...

this is beautiful. this is one of my favorite poems too.

diane said...

i looooove e.e.

we used one of his other poems in our wedding.

reading him in high school inspired me to let go of capital letters whenever possible and i have been doing just that ever since.

what a sweet project for your sweet darling!

<3