meet me in st. louis.

Hi loves! I have missed you all bunches. What's new? We've spent the last few days in St. Louis with my cousins and Aunt, eating yummy things and having lots of laughs.

Here's my cousin and I catching a drink at her favorite place, Babe's. Can you tell we're family?


Today was perfectly sunny and bright. My cousins took Josh and I to a place called Gus's Pretzels. They're a little family joint that not only makes pretzels, but also hot dogs, bratwurst, and italian sausage inside of  pretzels. Seriously delicious stuff.


We took our noms and ate under the St. Louis Arch. It was the prettiest day to lounge on the steps and enjoy the greenest grass and Mississippi river views.


Here's Josh looking pretty scruffy. I dig a good beard.


And even though the river was high, Lewis still tipped his hat as we drove by.


It's been really, really nice to have family and friends along our route. Spending time with them is something we don't usually get to do, so we had no problem staying an extra day and enjoying the start of Spring with together.

Tomorrow we're on the road again. We'll be making a special little pitstop (I can't wait to share), then venturing into the flat prairies of Kansas; Kerouac's got nothing on me. Stay tuned, I've got a Road Trip D-I-Y coming right up! 

1 comment:

Morganism said...

Hey there, cutie. We don't often get to see pictures of yo' pretty face!

Ya damn right Kerouac has nothing on you! Eff him, the beats were misogynists. (sigh) Okay, end negativity.

I dig a good beard, too.

Did you get to see the Cahokia mounds right outside of St. Louis? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cahokia