ahoy, captain.



Sometimes all it takes to make you smile is to see something that makes you feel like a kid again. When I spotted these pretty captain bed's on Anthropologie and Poppytalk, I couldn't wipe the grin off my face.

They're filled to the brim with Summer. Light, airy, lots of whimsical layers with a splash of color. This one has stolen my heart.


And this one makes me want to run away to a cabin in the woods and never leave. You coming with me?


I didn't have a captain's bed per say when I was a kid. We had a window seat in the bathroom, but it had the best light in the house and I would often curl up on the cushion and read a book in the afternoon sunshine or watch my mom do her hair.

These have me itching for a captain's bed, or reading nook for the summer time and we have the perfect bay window in the living room that is already becoming a whimsical space in my head! If you have space for a captains bed, this d-i-y on Apartment Therapy is just too cute and easy.

Here's to adding another project to my This {Humble} Home list (you don't want to know how many items are on that list). Tell me, I want to know what home features remind you of your childhood?

See you loves soon! Perhaps with some kitten goodness or a little d-i-y. Check back to see! xo.

1 comment:

Erin said...

I love all the windows around that bed/nook. Imagine how pretty it would be when it rains. Now I want one!