the perfect garden.

I'm so happy to be able to share the fun little things I've been discovering here with you all.  A new town is so excited and often the little things I get excited about just need to be shared!

As we've been looking for a new home, Josh and I have come across all sorts of cool little nooks and crannies that Colorado Springs has to offer. Today we stumbled across Garden of the Gods; a breathtaking park seen from all across town. The views are unbelieveable; something you'd expect to see in National Geographic, not your back yard.

Here are some pictures I took of the area; I felt so inspired by the red rocks and steep faces. I have a feeling Josh and I will be hiking many of the trails in the days to come. I feel so blessed to live in such a pretty place.

Pikes Peak on a warm day. I love still being able to see the snow.


 This is Garden of the Gods. You can see why they named it such; it really is Colorado Eden.


 My lovely husband posing for a photo op. You can't help but smile at that view.


Here's me in the last clean clothes out of my suitcase. I felt like Britney Spears on those rocks
 (ha!).

All throughout the gardens are dozens upon dozens of trails and paths to hike, bike and climb. There were lots of people, yet some area were completely silent and secluded.





I wish you all could see how steep this rock face is. You literally drive right up too it and think it's going to fall over on top of you. There were plenty of rock climbers taking advantage of the sunny day.


Isn't it pretty? Do you have a favorite local spot to be quiet and creative? I think I'll have to find myself a place nestled amongst the rocks.

See you later this evening for a little insight into a special pitstop I made on our trek. Have a great start to the week!

No comments: