clean queen and d-i-y cleaner.


I have been a french maid all week! There's nothing like a guest to make you snap out of your lull and clean your place into perfection. I didn't have alot to do, but there were boxes of books to be put away and pictures to be hung; the last of the stuff from our move.



When it comes to cleaning, I like to go the natural route. I don't like harsh chemicals in my home, it's not good for the environment, Hank or us. For most cleaning jobs I use my own all purpose cleaner. It's easy to make, and I can easily add essential oils, lemon or orange peels to make it smell pretty. Ready? Let' go!

All you need is:
- a squirt bottle
- 1 teaspoon Washing Soda (not baking soda)
- 2 cups of hot water
- a touch of free and clear liquid detergent
- essential oils or lemon/orange peels.

Simply mix all the ingredients together, give it a shake and clean your house top to bottom!
(I do however reccomend testing surfaces before going nuts).

It's easy to make a big batch of this and keep it under your sink and refill your squirt bottle as needed.

If you can't make your own or just want a little change, I also keep Mrs. Meyers in our house. It's the best out there, and they have super yummy smells like Basil. My favorite is the seasonal Iowa Pine scent; it smells like a forest!


Isn't that ad so cute and bright? That's kitchen worthy for sure.

Do you have a natural take on cleaning? Please share your tips and tricks in the comments, I love a new recipe to try! See you in just a bit for a weekend wish.

2 comments:

Erin said...

Thanks for the cleaner recipe! I will put it to use this weekend.

jackiebean said...

that sounds like a great cleaner! i use natural cleaners at home, too. i fill up a spray bottle with about 3/4 of vinegar and 1/4 water. i use that to clean my bathroom and kitchen countertops. i even use it to spot clean my hard wood floors. it works great, and the vinegar smell doesn't really bother anyone in the house. it usually dissapates in a few minutes anyway.