wild and wonderful.

No, no, not West Virginia; my weekend! Having my sister-in-law Rebekah here was loads of fun and I found myself wishing over and over that she didn't live on the other side of the country. We ate lots of fantastic food; explored the neatest little shops and spend every minute laughing 'til it hurt. I wanted to share with you all some photos from our fun times!


It rained alot of the time here; storms like I haven't seen, but we managed to squeeze a day in at the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo with my friend Julia and her son. Going to the zoo is a serious blast, but going with a kiddo? Even better.


The big cats are always my favorite. They remind me of my Hank, just bigger. The Mountain Lions were really active that day and this pretty lady, the trainer told me, is head of the pack. Purrty, right?

I was totally impressed to with the amount of interactive exhibits they had and the strong message of conservation. We even got to feed the giraffes!!!


Look at it's tongue! It was so cute and we even fed it's little baby (insert 'aw' here). I wish I had the picture of Rebekah to show you. She shoved the cracker in it's mouth and threw her hands up! It was hilarious.

 We ended the day with a ride on the carousel; something I haven't done in a long time. We managed to capture this gem. It perfectly sums us up!


The rest of the week was spent exploring and making Josh take ultra goofy photos of us while doing so. We did a little hiking, some shopping, and even managed to hit the arcade. Rebekah totally rocked the pinball!


On our way there, I made JR pull over for the ultimate photo op! Out front of the local Art Center is my favorite piece of art in all of the Springs; an enormous school chair! 


Is this not just plain awesome? I'm unsure if it's the 'largest', but it sure was a pain to get up there. Regardless we spent a good thirty minutes climbing, swinging and laughing. It made the whole trip! 

All in all it was a fantastic week. Josh and I are exhausted, but I can't wait for her next trip out here. Now who wants to come visit next?

See you in a bit with some cute Summer goodies. xo.

2 comments:

MeeshOne.Love said...

i cant believe you got to touch and feed a giraffe!!! i LOVE them! that photo is amazing! xo.

Rebekah said...

loveyouuu