happy {friday the 13th} weekend

Happy, happy weekend, kittens!!! Today is my favorite day of the year, Friday the 13th! While some people don't even get out of bed on this day, I look forward to it. Thirteen has always been my families lucky number. My parents met on a Friday the 13th, baseball numbers, and Josh proposed to me on a Friday the 13th. It's such a special day that brings me nothing but luck and happiness.


Little things in my life have come to revolve around the number thirteen; I actually started this blog on the 13th of October. While a Friday the 13th generally happens every 212.35 days, last year there were three (!) months with my special day. All of this in our first year moving away together, getting engaged and getting married. Coincedence? I don't think so.



I love to do something fun on this day and take time to reflect all the amazing things that have happened since the last. I hope today, instead of seeing it as unlucky, that you'll embrace the luckiness of that little 13 and reflect on what a happy Friday and ride through your life thus far it's really been.

I hope you have a truly amazing weekend, I'll be back Sunday for a super {flea}!

1 comment:

Erin Wallace said...

I didn't even realize it was Friday the 13th, not that I've ever gotten freaked out about it. I think all of your 13 dates are cool. My dad was born on April 13th, so he always thought it was cool when his birthday was on a Friday.

xo Erin