the spring chicken.


I wanted to wish one of my very best friends, Jess, a happy happy birth day! Jess told me the other day she's "No spring chicken", but I disagree. She's an awesome mom (of 3!), wife, friend and still manages to look killer on any given day.

I love you friend. I hope you're enjoying your birthday in your new home! I can't wait to come and visit you. We can make cake (Jess makes the best cakes, including our wedding cake). xo.

This picture is from the first time Jess and I met. We "met on the internet" and chatted there and on the phone for almost two years. I also asked her on this day to be my maid of honor. That's love.


Quick, funny story about Jess and I. The day after my wedding, a group of us headed to downtown Pittsburgh for food and fun. The guys drove together and Jess and I rode down in the rental car. We kept getting honks on the highway and lots of confused looks. We pulled up to a red light and along side us, the best looking cab driver ever. He rolled down his window, pointed to the back of the car and said "Did you just get married?". It hit us that the back windshield was decorated from the wedding day saying "Just Married". We told the cabbie yeah, we were in loooove and drove off. I don't think I've ever laughed so hard.

No comments: