dim the lights.

Hooray for a new edition of This {Humble} Home! It certainly has been a while, huh? Well never fear, my house is still being made into a home, just on a more sporadic basis. I can see the end product in my head, so I hope you're ready for more to come! 

Once upon a time, Pottery Barn carried a chandelier that I adored, but not shockingly, it was out of our price range. I literally had dreams about this chandelier and when we moved here (with our weird, 'ufo' lighting) I was inspired to tackle it on my own. 

 Not that I find our current lighting repulsive, it's just not...us? cute?  It's generic and blah, if you'll remember from a previous This {Humble} Home. 


To create depth and whimsy I recreated my beloved Pottery Barn chandelier with one extra-large embroidery hoop, ribbon and clothes pins. By simply tiering the hoops and connecting them with ribbon, I was able to slip the whole she-bang over the existing fixture; no damage, no mess! 

The clothes pins were for what made the PB piece special in the first place; each pin holds an old book page or two to create a soft and subtle glow at nighttime. 


The days ahead will be full of adjusting the hoops and pages, making sure they're level and laying nicely. You can see the top tier poking out a little, but it's necessary to give the pages time to fall on their own.

The entire project cost me $1.25! I'd say for that amount, I can afford to futz with it all day. 

I hope you enjoyed this {Humble} Home edition! I want to know what you think, and what creative things you're doing to cover up what you can't move. Leave a comment below! 

Enjoy the beautiful day and be sure to check out The Pop-Up Shop, everything is 15% off!
See you tomorrow, xo. 

No comments: